In the eyes of most people, quartz tubes are similar to […]
In the eyes of most people, quartz tubes are similar to hard glass tubes, but they are not. Quartz tubes are industrial glass made of silicon dioxide with excellent characteristics and excellent physical and chemical functions. Such as:
1. High temperature resistance. The softening point temperature of quartz glass is about 1730℃, which can be used for a long time at 1100℃, and the maximum use temperature can reach 1450℃ in a short time;
2. Corrosion resistance. Except for hydrofluoric acid, quartz glass does not react chemically with other acids. Its acid resistance is 30 times that of ceramics and 150 times that of stainless steel. Especially its chemical stability at high temperatures is beyond any other engineering data. Comparable
3. Good thermal stability. The thermal expansion coefficient of quartz glass is extremely small, and it can accept drastic temperature changes. The quartz glass will be heated to about 1100°C and will not crack when placed in normal temperature water;
4. Good light transmission function. Quartz glass has a good light transmission function in the entire spectral band from ultraviolet to infrared, and the visible light transmittance is more than 93%, especially in the ultraviolet spectrum region, the maximum transmittance can reach more than 80;
5. Good electrical insulation function. The resistance value of quartz glass is equivalent to 10,000 times that of ordinary glass. It has excellent electrical insulation and has outstanding electrical functions even at high temperatures.
Rigid glass tubes are generally used for chemical reactions involving gases and solids, and can be directly heated by alcohol lamps or alcohol blowtorches. The main purpose:
(1) Solid pyrolysis or dry distillation at high temperature;
(2) Reducing metals with reducing gas at high temperature;
(3) Precautions for using the reactor under heating conditions:
(1) The rigid glass tube is slightly skewed from high to low to prevent breakage;
(2) Heating is evenly moved from high to low and then fixed;
(3) If you need to use powdered solid gas flow rate can not be too fast.